“The service at Selly Oak was exceptional, polite, friendly and most importantly the car passed!” – Claire
Selly Oak Garage provide a full MOT test service, and can also carry out repairs should your vehicle fail.
We charge £34.95 for an MOT, and should your vehicle fail the test Selly Oak Garage can provide you with a full quotation and repair to get your car back on the road. No matter where you carry out your repairs we will provide a re-test free of charge within 10 days of the original MOT date.
Arrange an appointment Online and have an MOT test completed up to one month before the expiry of your MOT certificate. Service your car at Selly Oak at the same time as your MOT, with trained technicians and the latest diagnostic equipment – saving you money and time, and making an inconvenient Service a little more convenient.
An MOT test is an annual requirement for most vehicles on the roads once they are three (or more) years old.
During the test your car will be checked for a variety of potential hazards like faulty steering or worn tyres, and passing the test requires all of these to be in roadworthy condition.
Because you have to complete an MOT Test every year, it can soon become a very major part of the running costs for any vehicle. At Selly Oak Garage our goal is to provide fair and affordable MOT’s to our local area, and customer satisfaction is our number one priority.
What are we checking?*
Steering (including suspension)
- Steering control.
- Steering system.
- Power steering.
- Suspension – general.
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and driveshafts.
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings.
- Shock absorbers.
- Parking brake lever mechanism.
- Hand operated brake control valves.
- Service brake control.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Mechanical brake components.
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems.
- Brake performance.
- Drivers view of the road.
- Audible warning (horn).
- Exhaust system.
- Exhaust emissions Petrol & diesel.
- General condition of vehicle.
- Vehicle structure.
- Body security.
- Body condition.
- Load security.
- Spare wheel and carrier.
- Fuel system.
- Registration plates and VIN details.
- Road wheels
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate.
- lamps, rear fog.
- Rear reflectors.
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices.
- Headlamp aim.
* This list is not exhaustive